I can’t wait to Quit my Job
Updates in Story (and life) A lot has happened over the course of this trip. It’s been very emotional at times and I’ve had to think a lot about my family and my future. Because the source material of this project is literally my life, a lot of where I wanted to go with this story has changed. Before, the main focus of this story was going to be queerness. However, that feels a bit disingenuous; figuring out my identity was a struggle and affected me and my home life a lot, but it was never the biggest thing on my mind. I think I want it to be a lesser focus, and instead have the family’s relationship with each other take the spotlight. If this were a feature-length film, I’d dedicate more screentime to the other family members, and likely change the structure, but for the sake of this opening there’s really only a few changes. Instead of a love interest going with Opal to see their family, it’s their older sibling picking them up from the train station (to go see their family). A...

Comments
Post a Comment